Sunday, January 29, 2012

Young Ladies, Shotguns and lots of prayers!

As you have seen my girls aren't so little anymore. My girls are becoming young ladies and I have noticed different changes in some of them, more then others.
I have one that is slightly becoming more aware of her clothing presentation, more in front of her friends, than boys. Boys are still stupid and they don't make sense. I am fine with that because I know that this won't last long. I do believe that it will be the boys who notice my girls before my girls notice the boys.

All of my ladies are very young at heart and very innocent. With the world telling young girls to grow up at the age of 7, or younger, I am glad that all my girls still play with American Girl dolls and Barbies. I m fine with them playing Polly Pockets and yet they still thinking nothing of playing trains and cars or looking forward and saving their money for a future trip to Lego Land to get some new Lego's.

My girls are easy going, and have the love for many different things. They know the importance of spending time with their cousins and family is a treat. They have the love of playing outdoors, and know how to entertain themselves with a jump rope, umbrella and a scooter. They can come up with the best forts in the driveway. Anything that is in the garage and that is not dads is free to use for the forts or for play. My girls know how to use their imagination so well that I sometimes I don't get it, but, makes perfect sense to them. You know what, that is what really matters!

So when I see the pictures I take with my camera and look at the results, I shouldn't be so blown away, but I am.

They aren't so little anymore. They are beautiful young ladies! Young ladies that love the Lord. I'm not the only who sees this. I have had more family and friends ask me lately if my husband has a shot gun, because we're gonna need it?

I smile and say, "Yes he has a couple of guns." But, in actuality, that just makes me pray even harder. I pray for wisdom for my husband and I, for my girls to make wise choices when it comes to guys, and for the guys that approach my girls. That those young men will have been raised in a good Christ lead home and they will know how to treat my girls properly.



Now to meet those young ladies.






Heidi
6th grade
12 years old
4'8 1/4

Loves having her Papa teach her guitar. Her American Girl doll is still her prized possession. Enjoys learning how to sew. Loves to read books and is surprisingly loud around the house.

Heidi has also gotten use to her younger sister being taller. She also knows that GOD created her for a purpose, whether that is used for her height or her ability to use that voice to stand firm in what she believes, we will have to see.
She has proven that a few times already.






Gracie
4th grade
10 years old
5' 1 1/2


Has taken piano lessons for a year. Loves music and can remember the words to the songs very easily. She too, also loves to read. Has the biggest heart and would honestly do anything she could to help you.

Loves her stuff animals and can tell who gave it to her and under what circumstance. Loves to build things out of Lego's, her Erector set, or construction paper and markers. Very visually creative and has a big imagination. She loves to study Anatomy. I keep telling her that GOD has a plan for her to use both her love to build things and Anatomy. I think she me the next inventor of something better than the artificial heart.








Laci
aka Laci Lou or Munchkin
almost 8
2nd grade
4'5 1/4


She is still my cuddler and will come tell me she loves me, just because. Loves her
older sisters. Loves to play with them, no matter what they are doing. Favorite color is pink. ( In the movie, Steel Magnolias, Julia Roberts wedding colors are pink and bashful. Sally Fields corrects her and says, " Pink and Pink") That will be my Laci, Pink and Pink.

She has just recently realized that she loves to read just like sisters. To my surprise she has read 9 books in the past week.

She hasn't found anything she has wanted to give a try. We keep asking her and she says, "No thank you." I personally think she sees the work her sisters put out in practicing their instruments and swim lesson and she doesn't want to work that hard. She know she has a good thing going right now. She can have moms attention and its all good. I don't know how true that is, but, I do know that she is a hard worker and is very thoughtful.

She loves her friends. There isn't much that bothers her, she is my butterfly and rainbow girl. Loves to skip, esp. in the house.


I am grateful that GOD sees that I can do a good job for these young ladies and gave them to me. I pray that I will not take these moments with my girls for granted, that He will give me wisdom, strength, and guidance to continue to the job I asked for.

1 comment:

  1. I love this. You're making me want to get off my bum and start snapping MORE pictures and uploading them with stories. This is just wonderful <3

    ReplyDelete