Wednesday, April 4, 2012

In a State of Mind

In my last blog posting, I told you that going and sitting on the beach is great therapy for me. I am in my own little world and I become very relaxed. I also have found another place that does the same thing for me.

For some it will come as a big surprise. I find it interesting to see the reaction of people when I tell them I love being on the back of my husbands motorcycle. I have always loved going for a 'ride." I have no desire to ride one myself.... I do know my limits. But, being on the back of a motorcycle with a cool breeze all around me, staring at the landscape as it quickly jets past me, I am in another state of mind. I think about nothing. I escape to some where, where ever it is, my name is not being called.

Gracie has an illness that I have never mentioned before. It is not contagious, some say it is heredity, "that it is in the blood." I have never mentioned it to the doctors because when you look at her, one would think she is so normal, there is nothing wrong with that child. But, one has not seen her run before. This child of mine that I birthed has, horse on the brain. What might that be, you ask? It is one who thinks about horses 24/7. The girl tucks her thumbs in, and cuffs her fingers over them as if they were hooves. She doesn't run, she trots, gallops, nods her head and neighs! ( I am not joking!)

She can draw them perfectly. She can tell you about the different movies we have that have to do with horses. If she has to write about horses, they all have names after the horses from the movies. Her favorite is Secretariat.

So when we were invited to go visit a friend of ours who has a horse and teaches lessons, Gracie was definitely in her state of mind.....







Before we were greeted by our friend, Mrs. K. there were a few horses with their heads hanging out the barn windows. My girl, took the time to go visit each and every horse, to say hello. She approached them gently and ever so kindly. She showed know fear, but respects their strength, and size.






She was truly natural handling the horse. She didn't let it get bossy, she told the horse when it could graze and when not too. She was a natural getting on and off the horse.

Her Nana had a horse when she was a child. It came natural to her as well. So, I guess it is heredity and it "is in the blood."





Laci on the other hand, tried not to show intimidation. But, it was clear she was skeptical.






Heidi enjoys horses just as much, but does not have the same level of the illness. She could tell you alot about the gear in the stable and the kinds of horses. She doesn't run like a horse or think about them like Gracie. Gracie has a full pledge level of illness where as Heidi's is moderate.







I hate to use the cliche' The Horse Whisper, but, I tell you, my girl could have a quite conversation with each horse and tell you what they were feeling. She is so peaceful to watch when it comes to horses. I really wish I could be a fly in her brain, just for a moment to know what she truly is thinking. I have tried asking her, but she grins and says, "Nothing."





This one finally started to shed her intimidation towards the end and found a horse she wanted to say hello to. She just went over to the horse by herself, and started petting its nose. She also wanted to say, "Goodbye and thanks for a great day!"

Thank you Mrs. K for sharing your afternoon with my girls, and we look forward to seeing those babies when they are born.

No comments:

Post a Comment