Thursday, March 15, 2012

Therapy....

I have been under some stress the past few months, and it all came to a head this week. I really just needed to get out of the house, running errands wasn't going to qualify. I need to just have a moment to my self, hard to do when you are all are on spring break. We haven't done anything exciting, we have been low key, but today I just needed to have some fun and breathe.

I told the girls we were going to the beach. Not to swim, because the water would be cold, but they could walk along in the water. We packed a lunch and set out. I took a long way about to the beach. I needed to feel like I wasn't going to the same place, I needed somewhere new. So we went to a different beach than normal. (I have to laugh, because if you really think about it, it really is just one long shore line with different names along the way. So it really isn't a different beach.)

As we walked up the board walk and the ocean view came into sight, I took a big long breath and exhaled. The sun on my back, the ocean view, and now as I walked closer, the sounds of the waves made my shoulders relax. Immediately, I felt like everything was lifted, I had no worries.

We found a spot to sit on our towels and ate lunch. I sat and watched the waves, one crashing after another, the sound was extremely peaceful. The girls seemed to be relaxing as well. I watched them, and they seemed to not know how the beach was effecting them. Their shoulders seem to be more relaxed, I could see them, starring into the open and getting lost in their thoughts of nothing. They needed to recharge as much as I did.





I am not a fan of getting into the water and coming out cold, salty, sticky and getting sandy. But, I absolutely love going to the beach and sitting still. Listening to the waves. No one calls my name. I forget all the chores that need to get done.
I love watching my girls twirl and dance across the sand, in and out of the water.
It all brings me peace.







I am also realizing that I love being behind the camera and taking pictures, esp. of my girls. It too relaxes me. I don't think about the sheets that didn't get washed or that I have piles of pine cones in back yard that need to be put into bags before tomorrow. I look into the camera and capture time for just a moment.








This was a great day, all the girls came home recharged, relaxed, and clear minded.








I am hoping to go back this weekend after church with my hubby. He too needs some much needed therapy!



No comments:

Post a Comment